ΨΝ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baruch College Alpha Kappa Psi

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MOVING TO THE +

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Guardian

MOVING TO THE + Empty
PostSubject: MOVING TO THE +   MOVING TO THE + EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 5:23 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This just got released recently and I was thinking that would could make a Baruch AΚΨ Page to start our marketing scheme in Google+. Brother Dustin "Fifty Yen" can put this under his social media management and we can start exploring ways to reach out to people on Google+.
Back to top Go down
Anarchy

Anarchy

MOVING TO THE + Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVING TO THE +   MOVING TO THE + EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 11:47 pm

Honestly I don't see much reason to get in on this, since no one actually uses Google + anymore...it had its 15 minutes of fame and then it died. However, if businesses are truly on this and building a strong network, then I suppose it may be worth touching on.
Back to top Go down
Fifty Yen

MOVING TO THE + Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVING TO THE +   MOVING TO THE + EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 12:17 am

First thing, this would require giving me access to the akpsi gmail also, and I think I shouldn't have access to the email account. Not that I would do anything stupid, but just saying.

Secondly, we could definitely make the account now, since there's no harm. But at this point in time, nobody knows what exactly to make of G+ yet. Businesses have no idea how to use their brand pages cause it's just launched, and from my experience on G+ so far, I don't think it'll be helpful. I don't want to have one just for the sake of having one. I would wait til it picks up momentum or when I think of a good way to put it into use.

Other thoughts on this?
Back to top Go down
Guardian

MOVING TO THE + Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVING TO THE +   MOVING TO THE + EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 11:58 pm

That's fine. I agree that it doesn't have much traffic now, but I came across it and I thought I should let you know about it in case you had plans for it.
Back to top Go down
Captain

Captain

MOVING TO THE + Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVING TO THE +   MOVING TO THE + EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 4:37 am

I'm on the fence about this too. While there is no traffic on this site, I see no reason to stay ahead of the competition.
Back to top Go down
Guardian

MOVING TO THE + Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVING TO THE +   MOVING TO THE + EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 4:59 pm

I still believe this is something we should be venturing to. It doesn't take much to manage. Businesses are starting to market on this platform and the earlier we start to use this, the more we'll learn from the system for when the time comes that G+ gets big.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This is a post by a user on G+ that explains the effective marketing steps to take to gain traffic and manage the site. Like I said, it doesn't take much to manage. I will undertake the project if you would allow me to Dustin. Like Mike said, I see no reason to stay ahead of the competition.

If you guys want, I will bring this up in the next chapter meeting and try to sell it to the chapter.
Back to top Go down
Fifty Yen

MOVING TO THE + Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVING TO THE +   MOVING TO THE + EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 10:07 pm

I'm not against making one; I just want a plan before we create a +. Better not to have an account than an empty page.

We should think about what we want to do on it. Live broadcasts/interaction using Hangouts? Plan to get people to add us to their circles? Etc.
Back to top Go down
Guardian

MOVING TO THE + Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVING TO THE +   MOVING TO THE + EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 12:32 am

Dustin did you look at the link? That outlines all the basic steps we need to take to make an effective marketing page for Google+ Pages.
Back to top Go down
Fifty Yen

MOVING TO THE + Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVING TO THE +   MOVING TO THE + EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 1:28 am

Yes but it's not one-size fit all.
Back to top Go down
Guardian

MOVING TO THE + Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVING TO THE +   MOVING TO THE + EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 2:08 am

I'm just saying we can make it work, that's all.
Back to top Go down
Captain

Captain

MOVING TO THE + Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVING TO THE +   MOVING TO THE + EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 2:36 pm

Tony, if you would like to undertake the project, let me know and I will supply you with the log-in information
Back to top Go down
Guardian

MOVING TO THE + Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVING TO THE +   MOVING TO THE + EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 5:32 pm

I would be happy to. Please email me the information for our email. Thanks Mike.
Back to top Go down
Guardian

MOVING TO THE + Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVING TO THE +   MOVING TO THE + EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 10:28 pm

This project has launched 11/27/11 8:25pm. Please let me know if you would like to contribute to this project by direct email. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MOVING TO THE + Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOVING TO THE +   MOVING TO THE + Empty

Back to top Go down

MOVING TO THE +
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ΨΝ :: Tasks :: Marketing-
Jump to: