ΨΝ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baruch College Alpha Kappa Psi

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

BANNER ASSIGNMENT

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Captain

Captain

BANNER ASSIGNMENT Empty
PostSubject: BANNER ASSIGNMENT   BANNER ASSIGNMENT EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 5:08 am

Psi Nu Chapter needs a banner! Our banner, in essence will be our "flag", a symbol of our organization, the icon of the chapter. Therefore, please spend some time on this assignment as we want the best and nothing less.

As stated in the weekly updates:

If you are interested in working on the Psi Nu banner, please have a draft of your design ready for Mike by Friday, November 18 before Mid-Court. Content is completely and entirely up in the air with the exception that the design must accommodate a 3' x 6' or 2' x 4' surface area. For more details and instructions, please check the forum under Marketing Tasks.

When working on this, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND working on a thumbnail sketch that is 4 inches x 6 inches (please actually use a ruler to measure these borders) A sheet of computer paper should be able to fit about 2 sketches of this size. You are not obligated to make 2 sketches but from experience, ideas tend to flow out faster the more you think and express your idea visually, and the more ideas we have, the better the material we have to work with. Again I prefer concepts, ideas, and drafts and less of a work which exceed something like Boticelli's Venus; this is a work in process and I don't expect the best idea to come out in one shot, it seldom does. Get as many of your ideas as you can on paper. Marketing Committee will discuss who's idea will be selected or if different elements from different designs would work best with each other.
Back to top Go down
johnmadden11

BANNER ASSIGNMENT Empty
PostSubject: Define it better   BANNER ASSIGNMENT EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 12:33 am

Hey Mike. You say banner, I say huh? Please explain what a banner is supposed to entail, what it would be used for, and who would see it. If it's not completed yet, I wouldn't mind helping with it.
Back to top Go down
Captain

Captain

BANNER ASSIGNMENT Empty
PostSubject: Re: BANNER ASSIGNMENT   BANNER ASSIGNMENT EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 1:48 am

Fair enough. The banner is very similar to what WIB and EcoClub have in our room. The banner will be used at bake sales, parades/volunteer events/walks, Relay for Life (along with our blanket), exposure in general, which is why I couldn't help but compare it to a flag. Anyone who comes in proximity to us will see this banner. The banner thus, must attract attention, be aesthetically appealing, and represent the values which our fraternity preaches, as well as our culture and tradition as a chapter. Only Wilson has stepped up to the plate with an idea so I would appreciate any contributions, as many as you may have. Let me know if this makes the assignment any clearer/if you would like me to elaborate on anything else! Looking forward to the designs John Madden! lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

BANNER ASSIGNMENT Empty
PostSubject: Re: BANNER ASSIGNMENT   BANNER ASSIGNMENT Empty

Back to top Go down

BANNER ASSIGNMENT
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ΨΝ :: Tasks :: Marketing-
Jump to: